Wednesday, March 23, 2011

85. Taking care of rust... hopefully

Well, good thing is, that this body isn't a complete rust bucket, like my previous ones...

The small rust holes were point-welded, then protected with some Hammerite anti-rust paint, seams were filled with Car System filler (the one that looks OEM, rubbery type), and then painted with some primer. It's coming along nicely, and it'll be ready for final coat of paint in a couple of days. I just have to take care of all them wires. ;)
P.S. The trunk is almost ready. It needs just one more coat of white paint :) Yey!

Here are some pictures.
(I'll try to dig up some 'before' photos later...)
Click on the thumbnails for larger view!



I know. It's not pretty. But, it's strong. :)

This is the anti-rust Hammerite paint that I use: (Great stuff, BTW)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment