Thursday, October 1, 2009

46. That stupid M50 engine...

After a while, I started working on my project E36 again. The plan was to take the engine out of the green BMW, and to rebuild it trough the winter. There's nothing better than playing with your big, strong beemer engine in a nice, warm, cozy garage... :) (that sound's sick, right?) So, I bought an engine crane, a new air compressor, and some new pneumatic tools...



 Without the proper tools, taking out the engine is a real pain...
(remember how I took it out the first time? - Refresh your memory here!)



 


So, after a few hours, the engine was out, and in my  garage. Imediatley, I started to dissasemble it. And than, I found this:



 

Something isn't right here... I checked some engine specs (320 specification vs. 325 specification), and it hit me: My engine IS NOT a M50B25... it's a M50B20! Darn! I'm 40 hp short, to begin with...

The only good thing about this is, that I can aim even higher! So, I decided to buy a Double-Vanos M52TUB28 (or a Single-Vanos M52B28) engine. Come back to see if I managed to find a good engine! I'll write a bragging post the minute I buy one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment